Next General LILUG Meeting
Meeting Place & Time
Tuesday, December 10th @ 8:00pm at the Woodbury Campus of Cold Spring Harbor Lab, in the Woodbury Auditorium
Celebrate LILUG's 15th Anniversary!
On 2 December, 1998, the very first LILUG meeting was held. We'll commemorate a decade and a half of LILUG-ness in a couple of ways. First, harkening back to the first few meetings, we'll have pizza rather than donuts (no, the pizza will not be 15 years old). Also, LILUG Secretary Matt Surico will narrate a brief slideshow showing highlights of the group's first 15 years.
Various LILUG members will give brief demonstrations on a few Linux distributions. These are the demos that have been scheduled so far:
- Joe - Puppy Linux
- Matt S. - CentOS 6.4
- Sagi - Slackware 14.1
Elections of all LILUG officers will occur at this meeting. The nominees are:
- President - Matt Newhall (incumbent)
- Vice-President - Chris McNamara (incumbent)
- Treasurer - Mike Costanzo (incumbent)
- Secretary - Matt Surico (incumbent)
- The next Lilug meeting is: Tuesday, December 10th @ 8:00pm
- The next Lilug IRC meeting is: Tuesday, December 17th @ 8:00pm
Previous General Meeting Minutes
The November meeting minutes are now available.
Minutes for past meetings may be found by going to the Meetings link in the main menu and then looking at the archives section.
Special Interest Group
Lilug has a special interest group called SI-SIG for 'Security and Infrastructure'. This SIG has monthly meetings that are smaller and have more of a discussion format where Lilug proper has more formal lectures.
- The next Lilug Si Sig meeting is: Thursday, December 26th @ 8:00pm
Interact with Lilug
- Join the discussion on the Lilug Mailing List.
- Come chat with lilug members live on IRC.
- Submit meeting topic ideas in our dropbox.
- Read LILUG members' blogs at Planet Lilug
- Check out Lilug job postings.
Get Lilug tee-shirts, buttons, stickers, hats, bags, and more at Lilug's store.
Contribute to the Lilug Website
151 Articles and growing!
Development still needs to be done on the skin that we're using for mediawiki. Experimentation with any part of the skin is totally welcomed and encouraged. So, if you want to play around with it, everything you need, including instructions on how to get started, is available on github. You can clone the lilug wiki bits by running the following command:
git clone http://github.com/lilug/lilug
All text on this site is available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license.