Think you have an idea for a meeting? Let us know here in the dropbox. Lilug is a community and depends on its members to stay on target with what they want to hear about.
Ideas for future meetings include:
- An introduction to the Linux Distro Arch
- An introduction to the Linux Distro Mint
- Music production using linux, similiar to talk from this lug/ip member.
- Video game emulation using linux or FOSS software, the list is immense.
- PGP/GPG keysigning party, maybe a previous meeting explaining the benefits/process.
- Backup systems for SOHO and casual linux users, possible include online backup services like sacred oak, ubuntu, dropbox and mozy.
- Detailed demonstration discussion of port knocking with knockd.
- Anonymous surfing with FOSS software tor,i2p,freenet,otr and mixmailers.
- FreeS/WAN, Openswan and strongswan IPSEC implementations
- Twinkle, and other SIP and VoIP clients for linux.
- Running linux on embedded devices, such as the PSP, Nintendo DS, ZipIt, and Routers such as the WRT54G and the LaFonera.
- How Lilug tapes, edits and posts our meetings all with FOSS software.
- Cluster Computing, what it is, how it works, and what (open) software is used.
- Overview of Psych Desktop, and what makes it so linux-like, as well as a live demo to write apps with or explain the inner workings.
- Common linux desktop comparisons (XFCE, xmonad, awesome, fluxbox, lxde, unity)
- OWASP and Application Security, Fuzzing Asterisk (a case study).
- Penetration Testing with BackTrack and MetaSploit or general security related topics.
- Bitcoin the decentralized p2p digital currency
- A comprehensive overview of the boot process
- Gentoo overview/walkthrough